Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Access to Paleo Toolkit?

Hello,I am digging into the documentation to begin running a few CESM 1.2 runs for the LGM, but it appears that many of the changes that need to be made use the Paleo Toolkit. Is it available as a public download, or if not, whom do I need to contact to get access to it? Thanks.Matt

ottobli

Matt,Can you let us know a bit more about what LGM runs with CESM1.2 you would like to do? What ocean and atmosphere resolutions are you planning to use?
Bette

rhwhite@uw_edu

Hello,I am hoping to run some CESM fixed SST (or zonal mean q-flux SOM) semi-idealized paleo simulations, for example decreasing the width of the Atlantic (and increasing the width of the Pacific) whilst keeping the continent shapes and orientations the same as present day. Looking through the documentation, and trying to play around with the input files, I've realised that the paleo toolkit would be really helpful for setting up the initial files for these simulations. Is it possible to get access to this toolkit?Many thanks,Rachel