Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CAM case BW1850 build failed with CESM2.2.0

Qiyu8

24 use micro_mg_utils, only:ice_autoconversion, snow_self_aggregation, accrete_cloud_water_snow

Fatal Error: Cannot open module file 'micro_mg_utils.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory.

Qiyu8

This is my self check log.
Code:
M  ./cime
e-o ./cime/src/drivers/nuopc/
    ./components/cam
e-  ./components/cam/chem_proc
    ./components/cam/src/atmos_phys
e-  ./components/cam/src/dynamics/fv3/atmos_cubed_sphere
e-  ./components/cam/src/physics/carma/base
    ./components/cam/src/physics/clubb
e-  ./components/cam/src/physics/cosp2/src
e-  ./components/cam/src/physics/pumas
    ./components/cam/src/physics/silhs
    ./components/cdeps
    ./components/cdeps/fox
    ./components/cice
    ./components/cism
    ./components/cism/source_cism
    ./components/clm
    ./components/clm/src/fates
    ./components/clm/tools/PTCLM
e-o ./components/mom
    ./components/mosart
    ./components/pop
    ./components/pop/externals/CVMix
    ./components/pop/externals/MARBL
    ./components/rtm
    ./components/ww3
e-o ./libraries/FMS

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I was able to successfully download CESM2.2.0, and build a BW1850 case. Note that micro_mg_utils is inside components/cam/src/physics/pumas/micro_pumas_utils.F90.

The exact commands I used are:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/ESCOMP/CESM cesm2.2.0
cd  cesm2.2.0
git checkout cesm2.2.0
manage_externals/checkout_externals
./create_newcase --case try_user_01 --compset BW1850 --res f19_g17  --run-unsupported
cd try_user_01
./case.setup
./case.build

If you still need help, you will need to provide the information detailed at: Information to include in help requests

Qiyu8

Thanks for your help, I'm able to build a BW1850 case after move all of the files from
Code:
components/cam/src/physics/pumas
to
Code:
components/cam
Some of the files has been renamed as follows:
micro_pumas_utils.F90 => micro_mg_utils.F90
micro_pumas_data.F90 => micro_mg_data.F90

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You should not need to make this mod. Something is wrong with the setup you are using. As I said, I was able to build a clone out-of-the-box without making any mods at all. Please be aware that you may not be using a stable setup as this may indicate that your components/cam/src code may be out-of-sync with PUMAS.

Qiyu8

Thanks for your information, I forgot to add '--run-unsupported' tag, Now I can build successfully without any modifcation, but after changing the dycore to FV3 or SE, The build error occurs:

• Using FV3 dycore(decomposition not found)
ERROR: Command /Oceanfile/fang/CESM-release-cesm2.2.0/components/cam/bld/build-namelist -ntasks 128 -csmdata /Oceanfile/inputdata_BW1850_f09_g17 -infile /Oceanfile/fang/CESM-release-cesm2.2.0/cime/scripts/mycase/Buildconf/camconf/namelist -start_ymd 00010101 -ignore_ic_year -use_case waccm_tsmlt_1850_cam6 -inputdata /Oceanfile/fang/CESM-release-cesm2.2.0/cime/scripts/mycase/Buildconf/cam.input_data_list -namelist " &atmexp /" failed rc=255
out=
err=CAM build-namelist - ERROR: fv3_decomp_set failed to find a decomposition.

• Using SE dycore(mesh_file not found)
/Oceanfile/fang/CESM-release-cesm2.2.0/components/cam/src/dynamics/se/dycore/mesh_mod.F90: 101 : No such file or directory

Does new FV3 or SE dycore support CAM case BW1850_f09_g17?​