Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Can't locate Switch.pm

I am trying to run "1.9x2.5_gx1v6.BMOZMAM".

I can setup the case, and build it without problem, when I tried to submit the jobs, I got error like:

CLM adding use_case 2000_control defaults for var use_case_desc with val Conditions to simulate 2000 land-use
CICE configure done.
Can't locate Switch.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2 /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/CGI /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/CGI /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /store/whuang/CESM/cesm1_2_2_1/models/ocn/pop2/bld/build-namelist line 2212.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /store/whuang/CESM/cesm1_2_2_1/models/ocn/pop2/bld/build-namelist line 2212.
ERROR: pop2.buildnml.csh failed
ERROR from preview namelist - EXITING

>perl --version

This is perl 5, version 18, subversion 2 (v5.18.2) built for x86_64-linux-thread-multi

Copyright 1987-2013, Larry Wall

We can see Switch.pm in at: /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/CGI:
>ls /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2/CGI
Apache.pm Carp.pm Cookie.pm Fast.pm Pretty.pm Push.pm Switch.pm Util.pm

It sounds like a perl problem, but as Switch.pm is not in the standard module place,
I added "setenv PERL5LIB /usr/lib/perl5/5.18.2". But still could not solve the problem.

Since it happened at running CESM, I am seeking help here.

Thanks,

Wei

I am attempting to port cesm1.2.2 to Marconi-KNL, and I am encountering the same error.Has anyone resolved this issue?-Jonathan  Can't locate Switch.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /marconi/home/userexternal/jbuzan00/cesm1_2_2/models/ocn/pop2/bld/build-namelist line 2212.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /marconi/home/userexternal/jbuzan00/cesm1_2_2/models/ocn/pop2/bld/build-namelist line 2212.ERROR: pop2.buildnml.csh failedERROR from preview namelist - EXITING 

hshin74

Ho-Jeong Shin
I do not know the answer but I guess you can give a try with the following command:
> cpan install XML::LibXML

When I had a problem with perl installed in our system, I solved the problem by re-installing perl in my home directory. Once I finished the installation, I had to do the job. I am not sure whether this can fit your problem, though.