Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

[case.build error]:NETCDF not found

Jasper

I'm trying to build the CESM2.1.3 on my own linux platform "centos7-linux". When I'm trying to run the ./build.case, some error occurred. "Calling /home/yhj/cesm/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.mct."was failed. The build log show:

NETCDF not found: Define NETCDF_PATH or NETCDF_C_PATH and NETCDF_FORTRAN_PATH in config_machines.xml or config_compilers.xml. Stop.

I don't understand why this error would happen because I've set them in my config_machine.xml and config_compiler.xml before I run the ./case.build.

Another problem puzzled me is that if I type my NETCDF_PATH manully like this "export NETCDF_C_PATH=/home/yhj/program/netcdf-c/bin export NETCDF_FORTRAN_PATH=/home/yhj/program/netcdf-f/bin", the buildlib.mct can run successfully but the build.pio occur the same mistake:

ERROR: CIME models require NETCDF in PIO build

Attached is my config_machine.xml and config_compiler.xml file. I really appreciate your help.

Best

Jasper

Jasper

Your paths for netcdf should be to the top level netcdf directories not the bin directory.
Thank you for your reply.

I changed the path for the netcdf to the top level, but there is still the same error. Is there any other problem in my config_machines or config_compilers?

Best
Jasper