Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM LENS run

asampath

Dear support,
I would like to run the CESM1.2 coupled historical LENS configuration in the Cheyenne. I would appreciate if someone could point me to the link location where the initial conditions and restart files are stored.

Thanks for your time and help!

strandwg

Staff member
Dear support,
I would like to run the CESM1.2 coupled historical LENS configuration in the Cheyenne. I would appreciate if someone could point me to the link location where the initial conditions and restart files are stored.

Thanks for your time and help!

All available CESM1 LENS restarts are located on campaign storage at

/glade/campaign/cesm/collections/cesmLE/restarts/$CASE

Run configuration files are located at

/glade/p/cesm/cseg/runs/cesm1_1/$CASE

asampath

All available CESM1 LENS restarts are located on campaign storage at

/glade/campaign/cesm/collections/cesmLE/restarts/$CASE

Run configuration files are located at

/glade/p/cesm/cseg/runs/cesm1_1/$CASE

Hi, /glade/campaign/cesm/collections/cesmLE/restarts/: No such file or directory. How to get an access? Thanks

asampath

0:forrtl: severe (29): file not found, unit 98, file /glade/scratch/asampath/b.e12.B20TRC5CN.f09_g16.017/run/rpointer.drv

strandwg

Staff member
Hi, /glade/campaign/cesm/collections/cesmLE/restarts/: No such file or directory. How to get an access? Thanks

Apologies for not explaining that campaign storage isn't visible from cheyenne, but only from casper.ucar.edu, which means you'll have to copy the files you want using casper.