Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

change sea and land distribution in the FHIST experiment

sunweihao

19970130SWh
Dear scientists,
Hello, I'm using CESM2 to study monsoon, the compsets I used is FHIST. Ocean model is prescibed SST data, now I want to change the sea and land distribution,for example,replace India continent by ocean,the SST in the replaced region is gotten by interpolation from surrounding sea surface temperature.

But I have no idea to realize this objective, I found that in the topograph files there is a variable named "fraction",indicating whether one point is land or ocean. I doubt if I can change land to ocean through this way, by changing this variable's value to 0 in the target scope,afterthat generate new SST data to fill the original continent,and then put the new topograph file and new SST data in the namelist?

If it's not a correct way.Could you give me some idea how to change the sea and land distribution in the FHIST experiment?

Thank you!

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I see you reposted your question to the POP forum. That is the appropriate place for this question.