Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

change vertical levels

ovecoki

Haohao Sun
Hello,I use CESM2.1.3, my compset is B1850, and my restart files is from the CESM1 LMR b.e11.B1850C5CN.f19_g16.0850cntl.001.cam.r.0850-01-01-00000.nc
the error is :
hycoef_read: ERROR: file lev does not match model. lev (file, model):
30 32
how can I change the vertical levels of cam to fix the errors?

islas

Hello, It looks like you are trying to run CAM6 and initialize with a CAM5 restart file. CAM6 has 32 levels while CAM5 has 30. If you are wanting to run with CAM6 you'll need to use a different restart file with the appropriate number of levels. Or if you're wanting to run CAM5, you wouldn't be wanting to use the B1850 compset in CESM2.1.3. The easiest way would be to use the CESM1 instead. So, if your aim is to build off this run which I think was a run with CAM5 within cesm1.1 then you'd be better off using the same compset (B1850C5CN) within cesm1.1. Or, if you are wanting to run a CESM2 run starting in 850, you may need to find out if there are available restarts for that.