Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CICE Tracer dependency

david_hebert@nrlssc_navy_mil

David Hebert
If I understand the CICE documentation, when adding a tracer it is really tracer*dependency (where dependency can be aicen, vicen, vsnon, or another tracer)? In my case, we are looking at adding a method to form pancake ice depending on wave heights. If I want to add a tracer to keep track of the volume of pancake ice formed, the quantity of that tracer is really pancake_volume*dependency?  Also, I'm thinking in this case the appropriate depency is area, but if anyone has experience with tracers and thinks otherwise please share.
Thank you,
David 

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
See my other response, but this sounds a lot like the first-year ice tracer? If so, have a  look at the code for nt_FY.Dave