Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Code Modifications in CESM2.2 - CAM6.3

nuvolet

Toni Viudez
Greetings,

We are trying to make some code modification in some modules in CAM6.3 in order to customize some cases we want to run.
The reason we are doing that it is because we need to specify some inputs which are not available as CESM has been built.
Therefore, we found that if we want to modify our customized mode, we have to copy the module we want to modify in the $casename/SourceMods/src.cam, make the modifications and then setup and submit the case.
Obviously we are finding some errors from how we are modifying the code, therefore in the /output/$casename/bld/ folder we can see the specific errors.
Is there any option to make those modifications and rerun the same case again, instead of creating another case?
Thanks in advance

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Toni,

What you can do is execute case.build --clean atm from your case directory. This will clean the CAM build.
Make your changes to $casename/SourceMods/src.cam, rerun case.build then case.submit.

Chris

nuvolet

Toni Viudez
Hi Chris,
This definitely it will keep my folder overload of folders by running the same case when actually I want to find the way to modify efficiently several modules.

nuvolet

Toni Viudez
Hi Toni,

What you can do is execute case.build --clean atm from your case directory. This will clean the CAM build.
Make your changes to $casename/SourceMods/src.cam, rerun case.build then case.submit.

Chris
Hi Chris,

I tried several times what you suggested in order to re-run the same case while I am doing modification in the code and I I got these messages when I try to do case.build --clean atm. In order to make more efficient each step I crated a csh script to re-run the same case.
You can see the messages in the file enclosed. If you need more details about something please do not hesitate to ask me for clarification.
It looks that after clean the CAM build and copy the new module (nudging.F90) , when the case.submit command is called there are missing some files

Thanks

Attachments

• CESM_nudging_mod_AODs.csh.o13215028.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 4