Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error in case.build

zorkgtzorkgt

Xie Zhijie
Dear all,

I am facing problem in building a case.
When I try to run ./case.build ,
It made such a mistake: ERROR: /public/home/model/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.mct FAILED, cat /public/home/cesm/scratch/fwhist/bld/mct.bldlog.220105-231107
Thank you for your help.

zorkgtzorkgt

Xie Zhijie
And here is my bldlog, it is mean that I miss some settings about compiler?

Attachments

• gptl.bldlog.220106-001811.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 3
  • mct.bldlog.220106-001811.txt
    33.3 KB · Views: 5

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Xie,

Could you specify which version of the model you are using? You can do so by following the instructions found online here:

Also, if this is a new model port then I would include the relevant XML files as well (which are also listed in the link above), or any other CESM case files you modified to setup the compilers and build environment.

Finally, I sadly don't see any obvious explanation in the MCT bldlog as to why that build failed, so I am passing this on to the Infrastructure forum, as they are much better at diagnosing these sorts of problems than I am.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Jesse

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
From your mct log I see /public/home/xiezj/anaconda3/bin/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu-ar
does this file even exist? It seems like the AR command is broken.

zorkgtzorkgt

Xie Zhijie
Hi Xie,

Could you specify which version of the model you are using? You can do so by following the instructions found online here:

Also, if this is a new model port then I would include the relevant XML files as well (which are also listed in the link above), or any other CESM case files you modified to setup the compilers and build environment.

Finally, I sadly don't see any obvious explanation in the MCT bldlog as to why that build failed, so I am passing this on to the Infrastructure forum, as they are much better at diagnosing these sorts of problems than I am.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Jesse
Thank you,Jesse.
I am porting the CESM 2.1.3 into my own computer,and I setup the machines XML like:

<machine MACH="zz">
<DESC>
Example port to centos7 linux system with gcc, netcdf, pnetcdf and mpich
using modules from Environment Modules – A Great Tool for Clusters » ADMIN Magazine
</DESC>
<NODENAME_REGEX>regex.expression.matching.your.machine</NODENAME_REGEX>
<OS>LINUX</OS>
<COMPILERS>gnu</COMPILERS>
<MPILIBS>mpich</MPILIBS>
<PROJECT>none</PROJECT>
<SAVE_TIMING_DIR> </SAVE_TIMING_DIR>
<CIME_OUTPUT_ROOT>$ENV{HOME}/cesm/scratch</CIME_OUTPUT_ROOT>
<DIN_LOC_ROOT>/public/home/xiezj/cesm/inputdata/svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata/</DIN_LOC_ROOT>
<DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC>/public/home/xiezj/cesm/ptclm-data</DIN_LOC_ROOT_CLMFORC>
<DOUT_S_ROOT>$ENV{HOME}/cesm/archive/$CASE</DOUT_S_ROOT>
<BASELINE_ROOT>$ENV{HOME}/cesm/cesm_baselines</BASELINE_ROOT>
<CCSM_CPRNC>$ENV{HOME}/cesm/tools/cime/tools/cprnc/cprnc</CCSM_CPRNC>
<GMAKE>make</GMAKE>
<GMAKE_J>8</GMAKE_J>
<BATCH_SYSTEM>none</BATCH_SYSTEM>
<SUPPORTED_BY>me@my.address</SUPPORTED_BY>
<MAX_TASKS_PER_NODE>8</MAX_TASKS_PER_NODE>
<MAX_MPITASKS_PER_NODE>8</MAX_MPITASKS_PER_NODE>
<PROJECT_REQUIRED>FALSE</PROJECT_REQUIRED>
<mpirun mpilib="default">
<executable>mpiexec</executable>
<arguments>
<arg name="ntasks"> -np {{ total_tasks }} </arg>
</arguments>
</mpirun>
<module_system type="none"/>
<environment_variables>
<env name="NETCDF_PATH">/public/software/netcdf/netcdf-c-4.8.0/</env>
</environment_variables>
</machine>

But I didn't modify the config_batch and config_compilers ,is there any problem with my settings?

Attachments

• config_batch.txt
    22.9 KB · Views: 3
  • config_compilers.txt
    40.8 KB · Views: 3

zorkgtzorkgt

Xie Zhijie
From your mct log I see /public/home/xiezj/anaconda3/bin/x86_64-conda-linux-gnu-ar
does this file even exist? It seems like the AR command is broken.
It seems you are right, I check out the x86_64-conda-linux-gnu-ar file and found it was broken.