Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: lnd_import ERROR: Longwave down sent from the atmosphere model is negative or zero

qian yang

qian yang
hi
Now I can run a regional case in CLM5.0 successsfully by using the default GSWP3 datasets. I want to use my own atmforcing data,and I have processed it the standard format as GSWP3, i.e., monthly precip, solar and tphwl, meanwhile made a domain file for the atm foring) to replace, but I have met some problems:
my forcing data has 3 h temporal resolution and spatial resolution is 0.1x0.1.
domain file I use ncl to create by myself .

ERROR: lnd_import ERROR: Longwave down sent from the atmosphere model is negative or zero

I have checked my longwave down data, and there is no negative or zero values.
I try to set tintalgo to nearest , it still is the same error.
I do not know how to fix it.
Can anyone help me ?

Attachments

• datm_in.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 9
  • user_datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.Precip.txt
    989 bytes · Views: 1
  • user_datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.Solar.txt
    998 bytes · Views: 1
  • user_datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.TPQW.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
  • user_nl_datm.txt
    848 bytes · Views: 6

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Your datm_in and user_nl_datm are different for some reason. The datm_in shows:

tintalgo = "coszen", "nearest", "nearlest", "linear", "lower"

The user_nl_datm shows:

tintalgo = "coszen", "nearest", "lower", "linear", "lower"

There is a spelling error in datm_in, "nearlest" should be "nearest". However, I'm not sure how that spelling error was created as the user_nl_datm file should have been read in during preview_namelists and the two files should have agreed.

However, for case where the model time step is at a finer time resolution (e.g., half-hourly) than the forcing data (i.e., 3-hourly in your case) the proper configuration of tintalgo should be:

tintalgo = "coszen", "nearest", "linear", "linear", "lower"

So, the file containing longwave (FLDS) should have tintalgo of linear.

qian yang

qian yang
Thank you for your reply .@oleson
sorry I attach the different time files.
I try to set tintalgo = "coszen", "nearest", "linear", "linear", "lower" at first.
the same error still happened.

qian yang

qian yang
here the relevant files

Attachments

• atm.log.210912-203031.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 3
  • cesm.log.210912-203031.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 4
  • cpl.log.210912-203031.txt
    49.6 KB · Views: 2
  • datm_in.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
  • lnd.log.210912-203031.txt
    182.3 KB · Views: 2

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Maybe your domain file is not consistent with your forcing data. The "mask" field on that file should have ones where there is valid forcing data and zeros where there is not. If the model is trying to use e.g., missing values, from the forcing data, it could be causing an error.