Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

How to do sensitivity analysis on solar_const

Daniel

I tried to do some sensitivity analysis on solar_const. I used QPC4 and some other component sets with a resolution of f19_19 on CESM2.2.0. I set the solar_const and do 20-years runs. However, the results of global mean TS are always the same 14.7oC with different solar_const values (1361 and 1375). May I ask how to do a meaningful sensitivity analysis on solar irradiation? Any help with this would be much appreciated!

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
The QPC4 compset is an aquaplanet compset in which you prescribe the SST. In aquaplanet, TS=SST. This is the reason why TS will not vary. Maybe you could look at TREFHT or at the temperature at another level.

Daniel

Thank you, Cecile! I have checked the TREFHT, the 20-year results are still nearly the same (13.757 and 13.758oC) for different solar_const values (1361 and 1375). May I ask which component set is the best for the sensitivity analysis on solar constant?