Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

In urgent need of data

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
I see that ucar.cgd.ccsm4.lowwarming datasest is undergoing such a data transfering process,namely, moving data from tape archive to spinning disk. But could anyone tell me how I can download the low warming daily rain data now as I am in urgent need of the data ,please?

strandwg

Staff member
I see that ucar.cgd.ccsm4.lowwarming datasest is undergoing such a data transfering process,namely, moving data from tape archive to spinning disk. But could anyone tell me how I can download the low warming daily rain data now as I am in urgent need of the data ,please?

The data you want are available for download - just go to

Let me know if you can't access the data.

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
The data you want are available for download - just go to

Let me know if you can't access the data.
Thanks for your reply. However still the website does not work . Here are some screenshots:

QQ截图20210813234036.pngQQ截图20210813234104.png
QQ截图20210813234120.png
QQ截图20210813234141.png

Above screenshots are my downloading procedures as I selected the daily rain data from low warming run model. As you can see "Error" is what appears finally.
Besides , on the top of the webpage the yellow notification is telling me the data is being transfered. I have no idea whether the webpage looks the same to you and I wonder how I can download the data before the data can be ready at an unknown date.

Thanks for your help!!!!

QQ截图20210813234343.png

strandwg

Staff member
Thanks for your reply. However still the website does not work . Here are some screenshots:

View attachment 1441View attachment 1442
View attachment 1443
View attachment 1444

Above screenshots are my downloading procedures as I selected the daily rain data from low warming run model. As you can see "Error" is what appears finally.
Besides , on the top of the webpage the yellow notification is telling me the data is being transfered. I have no idea whether the webpage looks the same to you and I wonder how I can download the data before the data can be ready at an unknown date.

Thanks for your help!!!!

View attachment 1445

As a way to get you the RAIN data you need, I've made all the files available via anonymous ftp at

ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu/pub/strandwg/RAIN

The space is small and aggressively scrubbed, so retrieve the data as soon as you can.

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
As a way to get you the RAIN data you need, I've made all the files available via anonymous ftp at

ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu/pub/strandwg/RAIN

The space is small and aggressively scrubbed, so retrieve the data as soon as you can.
Many truly thanks from my heart. I wonder if the FTP contains all the rain data or the only data that l have selected in the above example. Actually ,l would really like to have all daily rain data in the list,which I guess could be dozens of GBs. Would you be so kind to help me with that?

strandwg

Staff member
Many truly thanks from my heart. I wonder if the FTP contains all the rain data or the only data that l have selected in the above example. Actually ,l would really like to have all daily rain data in the list,which I guess could be dozens of GBs. Would you be so kind to help me with that?

All of the daily RAIN data are available from the FTP site - the total is 43 files, about 90 GB.

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
All of the daily RAIN data are available from the FTP site - the total is 43 files, about 90 GB.
Mr strandwg, may I ask you which ftp tool you have been using? I think I have some problems downloading the precious files from the ftp site as they usually reach 99.9% and stop continuing the rest 0.1%.

strandwg

Staff member
Mr strandwg, may I ask you which ftp tool you have been using? I think I have some problems downloading the precious files from the ftp site as they usually reach 99.9% and stop continuing the rest 0.1%.

I can't help you with what appears to be a system problem at your site. I recommend you work with your system administrators to find out the problem.

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
I can't help you with what appears to be a system problem at your site. I recommend you work with your system administrators to find out the problem.
Mr strandwg , I could not log into the ftp again either from the browser or my ftp tool. Is it shut down now?

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
The FTP site is up and available.
Thanks again,Mr strandwg. Truly grateful!

Excuse me for another question ,please. As for the data instruction,I read from Sanders (2017) and the paper claimed that 1.5NE,2.0NE and 1.5OS should have 10,10 and 5 files respectively. And what kind of confuses me is that I saw extra amount of files in the ftp. May I ask what these files represent ,and would you be so nice again to deliver a copy of the documentation of the files if there is any?

Thanks again!!!!

QQ截图20210819095137.png

PS: Sanderson B M , Xu Y , Tebaldi C , et al. Community climate simulations to assess avoided impacts in 1.5 and 2°C futures[J]. Earth System Dynamics, 2017, 8(3):1-33.

strandwg

Staff member
Thanks again,Mr strandwg. Truly grateful!

Excuse me for another question ,please. As for the data instruction,I read from Sanders (2017) and the paper claimed that 1.5NE,2.0NE and 1.5OS should have 10,10 and 5 files respectively. And what kind of confuses me is that I saw extra amount of files in the ftp. May I ask what these files represent ,and would you be so nice again to deliver a copy of the documentation of the files if there is any?

Thanks again!!!!

View attachment 1475

PS: Sanderson B M , Xu Y , Tebaldi C , et al. Community climate simulations to assess avoided impacts in 1.5 and 2°C futures[J]. Earth System Dynamics, 2017, 8(3):1-33.

Sorry for the delay - additional compute resources were made available so the ensemble was extended. The runs with "c" in the name are identical to the non-"c" runs except that the simulation was run on "cheyenne". All the other runs were done on "yellowstone". Changing machines creates a small perturbation.

Jiali Ma

Jiali Ma
Sorry for the delay - additional compute resources were made available so the ensemble was extended. The runs with "c" in the name are identical to the non-"c" runs except that the simulation was run on "cheyenne". All the other runs were done on "yellowstone". Changing machines creates a small perturbation.
Thanks, Mr strandwg!!! That is very great explanation.Really appreciate it!