Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Problem with creating surface data for single-point run on userdefined machine

Dear all, I am trying to create a surface data set for a single-point in CESM 1.2.2 run on a userdefined machine. Therefore, I am following Example 5-5 under this link: http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/cesm1.2/clm/models/lnd/clm/doc/UsersGuide/x12938.html mkmapdata.sh creates most of the necessary files, but before the last file "map_1km-merge-10min_HYDRO1K-merge-nomask_to_test1x1_nomask_aave_da_c170216.nc" is created the script stops with the  message "No support for --netcdf4 or UGRID on machines other than yellowstone/caldera/geyser". Other people seem to encounter the same problem: https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/clm45using-esmfregridweightgen-version-62-tool-create-map-fileformat-netcdf-4-occurs-errors Is there any solution for this problem or is it simply impossible to run a custom single-point run on a userdefined machine? Thanks for any help, Martin

Hi Henrique,I did not find a real solution. mkmapdata.sh checks wether you are running the script on a NCAR machine or not. If it runs on a NCAR machine, it will go to a hardcoded directory on these machines and run a script there (Search for "MY_ESMF_REGRID" in mkmapdata.sh to find more info).Anyway, this is only the case for CLM 4.5. Therefore I decided to switch to CLM 4.0 by running mkmapdata with the "-p clm4_0" option.BTW: If you are running a single point run, your next error will most probably be "(shr_sys_abort) ERROR: (shr_tInterp_getCosz)  ERROR: lon lat cosz sizes disagree". This is because (on my machine at least) single point runs do not work. Therefore, I switched to a 2x2 run.Cheers,Martin 

Hi,I am currently running into the exact same problem...
Right now, I will start trying to change the mkmapdata.sh so that it fits to our machine, but we will see.

Changing to CLM 4.0 is no option for me, as I want to evaluate my source code changes within the models of CLM 4.5.

Felix