Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

problems about output frequency

xiepy

xiepeiyan
Hello CESM users:
I'm new in using cesm1.2.1,and I'm trying to get every month's data(monthly average) after running the case, but I only get the last month's data. Here is my setting after cesm_setup. Is there anything wrong?

./xmlchange STOP_OPTION=nmonths
./xmlchange STOP_N=3
##modify user_nl_cam
cat <<EOF>> user_nl_cam
&cam_inparm
avgflag_pertape = 'A'
nhtfrq = 0
mfilt = 1
fincl1 = 'PS','U','V','T','Q'
/
EOF
##copy SoureMods
cp /WORK/sio_goc34/cesm1_2_1/models/ocn/pop2/source/forcing_coupled.F90 /WORK/sio_goc34/cesm_run/$newcase/SourceMods/src.pop2
##build
./$newcase.build

Thanks!

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The CESM scripts create an "archive" directory and move all output to this directory when the run completes. This is controlled by the variables in env_run.xml, DOUT_S and DOUT_S_ROOT. Take a look and see if your output is there.

However, please note that CESM1.2 is no longer supported (except for paleoclimate and water isotope applications). We encourage you to upgrade to the latest version, CESM2.1.3.

xiepy

xiepeiyan
The CESM scripts create an "archive" directory and move all output to this directory when the run completes. This is controlled by the variables in env_run.xml, DOUT_S and DOUT_S_ROOT. Take a look and see if your output is there.

However, please note that CESM1.2 is no longer supported (except for paleoclimate and water isotope applications). We encourage you to upgrade to the latest version, CESM2.1.3.
Thank you ! I've found them in the "archive" directory, just like what you said.