Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

problems with ns_dipole

Hi, We are having trouble compiling ns_dipole.f. We are using Linux ubuntu
Our Fortran compiler is ifort (IFORT) 14.0.1 20131008
Our NetCDF version is 4.0
The following message shows up:input: ifort ns_dipole.f -o ns_dipole -I/usr/local/netcdf-4.0-intel/include/ -L/usr/local/netcdf-4.0-intel/lib -lnetcdfoutput: ns_dipole.f(412): error #6418: This name has already been assigned a data type.   [DEQ]      double precision deq,dsig-----------------------^ns_dipole.f(412): error #6418: This name has already been assigned a data type.   [DSIG]      double precision deq,dsig---------------------------^ We have commented the script lines, and it seems to run ok, but the resulting grid is incomplete. The netCDF file with the grid generated using mk_grid.csh this way has all the expected variables (kmt, ULAT, ULON, HTN, HTE, HUS, HUW, ANGLE) but the range for many variables (cellID, HTN, HTE, HUW, and ANGLE) is zero... Does anyone have an idea o how to work this out?Thank you very much in advance Maria   

I was also disturbed by this problem recently:../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f(412): error #6418: This name has already been assigned a data type.   [DEQ]      double precision deq,dsig-----------------------^../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f(412): error #6418: This name has already been assigned a data type.   [DSIG]      double precision deq,dsig---------------------------^ compilation aborted for ../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f (code 1) Is there any error here? I commented the Line 412, and rerun ns_dipole.f as follow:INCS=-I/lustre/baijingjing/program/netcdf4.1.3/includeLIBS="-L/lustre/baijingjing/program/netcdf4.1.3/include -lnetcdf"ifort -o ns_dipole ../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f $INCS $LIBSbut it also corrupts with one-line message:ld: cannot find –lnetcdf 
Who can help me to work out this bug?Jian   

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
LIBS="-L/lustre/baijingjing/program/netcdf4.1.3/include -lnetcdf"
should beLIBS="-L/lustre/baijingjing/program/netcdf4.1.3/lib -lnetcdf"

Thank you, jedwards!how to work out the bug:../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f(412): error #6418: This name has already been assigned a data type.   [DEQ]      double precision deq,dsig-----------------------^../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f(412): error #6418: This name has already been assigned a data type.   [DSIG]      double precision deq,dsig---------------------------^compilation aborted for ../src/gridgen/ns_dipole.f (code 1) Jian