Scheduled Downtime
On Wednesday 09 March 2022 from 6am to 10am MT, the website will be down for maintenance

runoff-to-ocean mapping error

Venkat

Venkat
Hello. Could someone please help me with a couple of issues I'm facing while creating the runoff-ocean mapping files? 1. When I try the runoff_map_1deg exe from the toolkit, it gives an "ERROR esize too small" error and aborts during step 3 before creating a "smoothed version of nn map". What could be the fix for this? 2. I wanted to try the 2-degree runoff map executable as mentioned in the Paleo resources FAQs. But 'runoff_map_2deg' is not available in the "paleoToolkit/trunk/cesm1_2/rof/" path. Can I find the file at some path that I am missing?

Thank you.

jiangzhu

For paleo-applications, most of the time, we use 0.5deg runoff model, which is also the resolution used in CESM's many present-day applications.
1deg runoff model is sometime used in deep-time applications, such as the Eocene.
If you want to set up a 2-degree runoff model, you will have to study and change the source code (paleoToolkit/cesm1_2/rof/runoff_map_src) yourself .

I am not sure about what caused the error. You may want to try run the executable with a larger memory allocation.
If you post your steps or namelist of runoff_map, I can take a look.

Venkat

Venkat
Hello. Thank you for your solution. I have changed the source code and it worked. I will proceed with either a 1-degree or 2-degree setup. Also for the 'esize error' I allocated a higher value for 'esize' in the code and it worked too, for creating the third mapping file. It indeed looks like a memory array size error.