Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

SOM simulations

Sreerag

Sreerag
Hey,

I'm looking for a SOM simulations include the atmosphere and land coupled to a simplified ocean mixed layer above the thermocline, with no ocean transport. The compset QSC6 is found to be a Aquaplanet one which land is not active.

Was it necessary for me to create a user-defined compset for this?
Is it possible to use an unsupported compset for research (did I need to verify or validate the result)?

Thanks in advance
Sreerag

brianpm

It sounds like you are looking for the compsets that start with "E". Those should have standard geography and the slab ocean. They're probably not supported, but I think they still exist. You'll need to find a "q-flux" file for implied ocean heat transport.

Sreerag

Sreerag
Hey, Thank you for your response, which I found interesting. I noticed that the compset beginning with E is the ETEST and the E1850TEST, which are intended for software testing according to the instructions. Can I use the same for the scientific approach?