Main menu

Navigation

Problem with porting CESM 1.2.2 to a new machine

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ihmn.zgz@...
Problem with porting CESM 1.2.2 to a new machine

Hello, it is me again!

I was able to build a case in cesm1.2.2 in a userdefined linux machine using intel and openmpi. However, when I run ./test1.run, this happens:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 CESM BUILDNML SCRIPT STARTING
 - To prestage restarts, untar a restart.tar file into /home/hermoso0/scratch/hugoteam/cesm1_2_2/test1/run
 infile is /home/hermoso0/scratch/cesm1_2_2/scripts/test1/Buildconf/cplconf/cesm_namelist
 CESM BUILDNML SCRIPT HAS FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
 CESM PRESTAGE SCRIPT STARTING
 - Case input data directory, DIN_LOC_ROOT, is /home/hermoso0/scratch/inputdata
 - Checking the existence of input datasets in DIN_LOC_ROOT
 CESM PRESTAGE SCRIPT HAS FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tue Aug 30 12:39:38 ADT 2016 -- CSM EXECUTION BEGINS HERE
Tue Aug 30 12:39:38 ADT 2016 -- CSM EXECUTION HAS FINISHED
ls: No match.
Model did not complete - no cesm.log file present - exiting

 

I have seen the same error in this topic https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/problem-porting-cesm-120-new-machine , so I followed the instructions there. I added -x to the top line and put the output in the attached file. The solution seemed to be to uncomment the mpirun command in the mkbatch file. So, I uncommented the line "mpirun -np ${maxtasks} \$EXEROOT/cesm.exe >&! cesm.log.\$LID" in test1/Tools/mkbatch.userdefined which if I am not mistaken, is the file I must edit. However, when running the model again, I obtained exactly the same error.

Did I edit the wrong mkbatch? I tried cleaning the build and building it again, but it made no difference. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, please help.

Attachment: 

Ignacio HMN

ihmn.zgz@...

I would be delighted to have same help here. Please.

Ignacio HMN

ihmn.zgz@...

I found the solution, the file I had to edit to uncomment the mpirun line was test1.run itself. I guess that the mkbatch has to be edited if you want to enable out-of-the box capability, so the .run file is created with that line uncommented. In my case I was in the previous step, so maybe that is the reason. But i don't understand why after I edited mkbatch.userdefined in ccsm_utils/machines, and then clean and rebuild, it didn't still work.

 

Ignacio HMN

Log in or register to post comments

Who's new

  • Nicholas.Davis@...
  • numarsanifa@...
  • bingdian_46@...
  • mxy2832029@...
  • nthg2000@...