Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

100% nudging in SD-WACCM6 and SD-CAM6

anushree

Hello everyone,
I have gone through the papers Kunz et al.,2011 and Smith et al.,2017 and understand the nudging process in specified dynamics compset.
Q1) I want to ask that is 100% nudging in SD-WACCM6 advisable?
Because in all of the papers i saw a nudging of 1or 10% was only done.
I have tried it and keep getting the error "Langrangian levels are crossing".The test run was just for two days.I increased the fv_nspltvrm and fv_nspltrac to 8 from default value of 4 ( I retained the default value of fv_nsplit =16) and got over it but i have a feeling that the model might keep crashing if i give longer runs.

Q2) I went for a test run for 100% nudging in SD-CAM6 and did not get any error such as the above and it ran successfully.Why did not i get such an error in SD-CAM6?
The requirement of my experiment is 100% nudging.
Looking forward to your reply.
Regards,
Anushree