Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

A getenv issue in gen_domain.F90 of CLM5

Zhengjy

Zhengjy
I'm referring to 1.6.3.5 of the CLM5.0 User's Guide, from the URL https://escomp.github.io/ctsm-docs/...rs_guide/running-single-points/running-single -point-configurations.html#example-creating-a-surface-dataset-for-a-single-point. After executing ./gen_domain -m $MAPFILE -o $OCNDOM -l $ATMDOM in gen_domain_files/, I reported an error:
(shr_sys_getenv) ERROR: no implementation of getenv for this architecture
(shr_sys_getenv) no implementation of getenv for this machine

The picture is my running flow process. I would be very grateful if you could help gen_domain_error.pngme point out the problem.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Not sure, but this post:

implies that:

"The OS isn't being recognized as one that supports getenv."

So maybe you need to consult with your system administrators.

Zhengjy

Zhengjy
Not sure, but this post:

implies that:

"The OS isn't being recognized as one that supports getenv."

So maybe you need to consult with your system administrators.
Thanks you!I have solved this issue!

Zhengjy

Zhengjy
"Hey, how did you solve it? Can you share it?"
Hi, it's been a long time since I solved this problem, but I can give you a suggestion, maybe you can rewrite the .F90 file in this step, and then modify the code that determines your host name so that it passes the judgment, which is about line 747 of the file.

jinping F

冯进平
Hi, it's been a long time since I solved this problem, but I can give you a suggestion, maybe you can rewrite the .F90 file in this step, and then modify the code that determines your host name so that it passes the judgment, which is about line 747 of the file.
"Thank you for the response,bro! I resolved it by recompiling in the src directory. Now, I would like to ask how to set up parallelism? My mpirun always runs on a single CPU, and it's frustrating!"