Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

atm bottom level

I always see the "atm bottom level" in CLM model. I know it's about 992mb or 60m for CAM in the bottom level. Dose anyone know if they mean the same level in CLM?

Thanks,
Joyce

Thanks, Sam:)
So u10 is calculated in Biogeochem/FrictionVelocity.F90 based on these atm bottom level variables, and I tried to add u10 into the clm history tape. However, when I put u10 in history file (histFldsMod.F90) by the following scripts
--------------------------------------
call add_fld1d (fname='U10', units='m/s', &
avgflag='A', long_name='10-m wind speed for dust', &
ptr_pft=clm3%g%l%c%p%pps%u10)
-------------------------------------------------------
I couldn't get the output. Anything wrong with this?

Thanks again,
Joyce

Never mind:) I had resolved the problem with Sam and Dave's kindly suggestions.
Also, when I passed soil moisture ( the first level h2osoi_vol) from CLM into CAM/atm side, the soil moisture pattern looks the same with in CLM side. However, there is exactly 10 times magnitude lower than in CLM side. Dose anyone have any experience at this?

Have a great time,
Joyce