Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES

Xiaoyun W

Xiaoyun Wang
Hi, I have successfully created a case and I have done ./cesm_setup and ./case.build --skip-provenance-check.
Now for ./case.submit I am getting the following error.

===================================================================================
= BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
= RANK 512 PID 64117 RUNNING AT ea0615
= KILLED BY SIGNAL: 9 (Killed)
===================================================================================

= RANK 513 PID 64118 RUNNING AT ea0615
= KILLED BY SIGNAL: 6 (Aborted)

= RANK 514 PID 64119 RUNNING AT ea0615
= KILLED BY SIGNAL: 9 (Killed)
I am using CESM2.1.3
Could anyone suggest to me how can I resolve this problem? Thank you!

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Xiaoyun,

Can you attach your run.<case_name>.oXXX file (which likely is in your case directory) along with your cesm.log.XXX file (which is likely in your run directory)? Those will hopefully contain the info needed to figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Jesse

Xiaoyun W

Xiaoyun Wang
Hi Xiaoyun,

Can you attach your run.<case_name>.oXXX file (which likely is in your case directory) along with your cesm.log.XXX file (which is likely in your run directory)? Those will hopefully contain the info needed to figure out what is going wrong.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Jesse
Hi Jesse,
Thanks for your repply!Here are my run.*** file and cesm.log file.
Can you help me find out what the problem is?
Thanks!

Wang

Attachments

• cesm.log.1834334.220109-083900.txt
    823 KB · Views: 62
  • run.B2000_f09_g17.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 41

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Wang,

It looks like the HDF5 header files that were used to build the model are out-of-sync with the actual HDF library that was linked to the model. I am guessing this indicates a problem with either the HDF5 or NetCDF libraries you are using. I would recommend either trying to use a different (ideally more up-to-date) version of those libraries, or re-installing them if you installed the libraries yourself, as they might not have been installed properly.

Finally, I am moving this thread over to the Infrastructure forum, as they might have better and/or more specific advice for dealing with this problem then I do.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Jesse

Last edited:

Chengyun

Chengyun
Hi Wang,

It looks like the HDF5 header files that were used to build the model are out-of-sync with the actual HDF library that was linked to the model. I am guessing this indicates a problem with either the HDF5 or NetCDF libraries you are using. I would recommend either trying to use a different (ideally more up-to-date) version of those libraries, or re-installing them if you installed the libraries yourself, as they might not have been installed properly.

Finally, I am moving this thread over to the Infrastructure forum, as they might have better and/or more specific advice for dealing with this problem then I do.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Jesse
Hi Jesse
When i submit the cesm case, it shows the error,
1670770015883.png
and the log file is
1670770036088.png
I have searched the ansuer for a long time, but i have no idea, can you help me, please! Thanks a lot.
Wish you the best wishes!