Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM hosing - modification not work

ciow

ma lo
Hi all,

I have been trying to conduct a hosing experiment using CESM. I have followed the instructions provided in the website The CESM1.2 POP2 FAQ and made modifications to the file forcing_coupled.F90 in the loop calculating STF. However, the output remains unchanged compared to the control run, and no error is reported. I would greatly appreciate any guidance on why the modifications are not working and what steps I should take next.

The code I have used is as follows. I try to add additional water flux in the specific area while removing water from the rest of the global ocean.

!$OMP PARALLEL DO PRIVATE( iblock)

do iblock=1,nblocks_clinic

STF(:,:,2,iblock)= RCALCT(:,:,iblock)*( &

(PREC_F(:,:,iblock)+EVAP_F(:,:,iblock)+ &

MELT_F(:,:,iblock)+(C1-MASK_ESTUARY(:,:,iblo:k))*ROFF_F(:,:,iblock)+&

IOFF_F(:,:,iblock))*salinity factor &

+ SALT F(:,:,,iblock)*sflux factor)

do j=1,ny_block

do i=1,nx_block

if ((TLATD(i,j,iblock)>60.0_r8) .and. TLATD(i,j,iblck)<80.0_r8) &

.and. (TLOND(i,j,iblock)> 320.0_r8) .and. (TLOND(i,j,iblock)< 350.0_r8) ) then

STF(i,j,2,iblock)= STF(i,j,2,iblock)+ 1.0e-4_r8

else

STF(i,j,2,iblock)= STF(i,j,2,iblock)- 2.0e-5_r8

endif

enddo

enddo

enddo

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure if this is best to go in the POP forum or the paleo forum. I will start in the POP forum.