Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2 CMIP6 GPP output

yan Chen

Yan Chen
Hello CESM Users,

I'm searching for CESM2 CMIP6 output of gross primary productivity (GPP) data on a daily timescale or higher temporal resolution. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate this variable for the historical simulation and SSP scenario simulations.

I found the data set CMIP6.CMIP.NCAR.CESM2.historical.r11i1p1f1.E3hr.gpp.gn on the IPSL node, but the download link currently appears to be unavailable.

Does anyone know if this data set is accessible elsewhere or can provide guidance on where to find it? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

strandwg

Staff member
Hello CESM Users,

I'm searching for CESM2 CMIP6 output of gross primary productivity (GPP) data on a daily timescale or higher temporal resolution. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate this variable for the historical simulation and SSP scenario simulations.

I found the data set CMIP6.CMIP.NCAR.CESM2.historical.r11i1p1f1.E3hr.gpp.gn on the IPSL node, but the download link currently appears to be unavailable.

Does anyone know if this data set is accessible elsewhere or can provide guidance on where to find it? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

"gpp" wasn't requested at daily temporal resolution so CESM didn't provide it. "gpp" was provided at 3-hourly resolution for one historical run, as you've found. I'll look into why it's not readily available via ESGF.

yan Chen

Yan Chen
"gpp" wasn't requested at daily temporal resolution so CESM didn't provide it. "gpp" was provided at 3-hourly resolution for one historical run, as you've found. I'll look into why it's not readily available via ESGF.
Hi Gary Strand,

Thank you for the reply.
I tried using wget, but the downloaded file was empty.
Below is a screenshot of the attempt I made to download using OpenDAP.
Screen Shot 2024-05-09 at 15.06.31.png
I'm wondering if I can obtain the 3-hour resolution GPP data for the SSP scenario simulations with the same run as the historical run, specifically r11i1p1f1.

Thank you again for your help.
Sincerely,
Yan