Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CESM2 SMYLE-FOSI Ocean Time Series Data Monthly Averages

lizm

lizm

I want to know the time range for the SMYLE-FOSI, because I can't get the exact time information from nc files. like this​

QQ截图20230508165407.png

Looking forward to your reply, thank you!​

strandwg

Staff member

I want to know the time range for the SMYLE-FOSI, because I can't get the exact time information from nc files. like this​

View attachment 3612

Looking forward to your reply, thank you!​

I don't quite understand your question. The data you're looking at consists of 756 months of data from January 0306 to December 0368, 63 years exactly.

lizm

lizm
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I mean the model time from January 0306 to December 0368, which years does it correspond to in real world?

strandwg

Staff member
I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear. I mean the model time from January 0306 to December 0368, which years does it correspond to in real world?

In the paper reference

The SMYLE FOSI simulation consists of 6 consecutive cycles of 1958-2018 forcing, with the 6th cycle (used for SMYLE) extended through 2019 using extended JRA55-do forcing (Tsujino, pers. comm.). In addition to providing historical physical states for the ocean and sea-ice that are compatible with each other as well as with the CESM2 model, the 125 FOSI simulation yields a reconstruction of ocean BGC fields extending back to 1958.