Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

cesm_setup error:CAM build-namelist - ERROR: No default value found for ncdata

GXJ

Ganxinjun
When I create and run a case of "-compset B1850W5CN -res f19_g16", it worked successfully.
But when I changed the case resolution to f09_g16, it got an error:

Running preview_namelist script
infile is /WORK/test/CESM/1.2.2/scripts/case_B1850W5CN_test2/Buildconf/cplconf/cesm_namelist
CAM build-namelist - ERROR: No default value found for ncdata
user defined attributes:
key=ic_md val=00010101
Died at /WORK/test/CESM/1.2.2/models/atm/cam/bld/build-namelist line 3384.
ERROR: cam.buildnml.csh failed
ERROR
: /WORK/test/CESM/1.2.2/scripts/case_B1850W5CN_test2/preview_namelists failed: 25344

Why did this happen? And how can I slove this problem? Hope you can provide me detailed and feasible solutions, thank you very much!

mmills

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
WACCM with CAM5 physics has not been run at 0.95°x1.25° horizontal resolution, so we do not have any initial conditions to provide you for it.

If you really want to pursue, this there is a tool called interpic for interpolating initial conditions to new grids. You can search for interpic on this forum for more information. However, there will likely be stability issues on starting with an interpolated IC file, requiring you to increase sub-stepping at first. And this version of the model has not been tuned for that resolution, so you will likely have issues with gravity waves in the middle atmosphere.

GXJ

Ganxinjun
WACCM with CAM5 physics has not been run at 0.95°x1.25° horizontal resolution, so we do not have any initial conditions to provide you for it.

If you really want to pursue, this there is a tool called interpic for interpolating initial conditions to new grids. You can search for interpic on this forum for more information. However, there will likely be stability issues on starting with an interpolated IC file, requiring you to increase sub-stepping at first. And this version of the model has not been tuned for that resolution, so you will likely have issues with gravity waves in the middle atmosphere.
Thanks for your reply, it sounds like a difficult and error-prone job, I will try again, thanks again for your reply.