Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Change the run startdate of FCHIST, how to get the initial file

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
Hello!In the tutorial: 3: Test case: changing the emissions — CESM Tutorial
when change the run startdate of FCHIST to 2010, the initialization files need to match the startdate, like:
&cam_initfiles_nl
ncdata = '/glade/p/acom/acom-climate/tilmes/inputdata/init/camchem/FCnudged_MAM4_f09.carma_trop_strat09.aqchem.2001_2020.cam.i.2010-01-01-00000.nc'
So I wonder how do I get these files without a Cheyenne account? and How should I choose the initial file?

duvivier

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi,
Sorry, but the tutorial is designed to be run on NCAR machines and we don't have a good mechanism to make that dataset public. We are working on making the datasets available more widely, but I do not believe it is available at this time.
Alice

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
Hi,
Sorry, but the tutorial is designed to be run on NCAR machines and we don't have a good mechanism to make that dataset public. We are working on making the datasets available more widely, but I do not believe it is available at this time.
Alice
Thanks for your instant reply!By the way,is there any available initial data in the inputdata directory I can choose if I want to change the run date of FCHIST?