Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CLM3.5-CN w/ faerdep & fsoilcarb

Hello, I have been using Stoeckli's modelfarm to drive CLM-CN in point mode using AmeriFlux tower data. While I have been playing around with the preliminary CLM3.6v2-CN contained in modelfarm, I am reverting to CLM3.5-CN for my current work. While I defined the model input datasets 'faerdep' (aerosoldep_monthly_080807.nc) and 'fsoilcarb' (soilcarb_c080807.nc) in the clm3.6 namelist, I received an error regarding reaching the end of the namelist file when trying to specify these two datasets in the 3.5 namelist. Thanks in advance for any input! -Cory

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Cory an error like and end of namelist error -- means somethings wrong with you namelist. It can be a small syntax error, or a bad variable name, or small typo in a name. You need to look at your namelist carefully, and you may see it right away. If you don't see it try taking some things out to see if it will work, so you can identify exactly what lines are bad. Once you identify that, you can usually look at it and play around with it until you fix the problem. You'll want to look in the code and make sure you have the names right and things like character length.

If you still don't see it post your namelist and we'll see if we can identify a problem.

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Cory

Yes, faerdep and fsoilcarb are both namelist variables that are unique to CLM3.6 and should NOT be used in clm3.5.