Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CLM5 DATM_MODE for point simulation

mk_pdf

Dr Mahesh
Hello !!!
I am using CLM5.0 and working on point simulation. I have done point simulation for GSWP3v1 for the year 2009. Now, I would like to execute point simulation on NLDAS2 forcing dataset for the year 2017.
Because run_scripts.xml file contain following valid DATM_MODE
"CORE2_NYF,CORE2_IAF,CLM_QIAN,CLM_QIAN_WISO,CLM1PT,CLMCRUNCEP,CLMCRUNCEPv7,CLMGSWP3v1,CPLHIST,CORE_IAF_JRA,CORE_IAF_JRA_1p4_2018".
How can I can change DATM_MODE in run script xml file ?

Any suggestions ?

Thank You

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
It looks like support for NLDAS2 came in with the ctsm1.0.dev038 tag as part of the NWP configuration for CLM. You could either use that tag directly or use that tag to create a case that you could then use as an example of how to implement the NLDAS2 forcing in your own CLM5 simulation.

mk_pdf

Dr Mahesh
Dear Professor
I have done CLM5 point simulation for satellite phenology, carbon nitrogen, bgccrop and bgcdvcrop. The point simulation surface data for SP and CN prepared from surfdata_0.9x1.25_hist_16pfts_Irrig_CMIP6_simyr2000_c190214 which is available at https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata/lnd/clm2/surfdata_map/release-clm5.0.18/. Similarly, the point simulation for BgcCrop and BgcDVcrop, the surface data prepared from surfdata_0.9x1.25_hist_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr2000_c190214.nc.
Three simulations of SP, Cn and BgcCrop shows better results. However, BgcDVCrop simulation gives zero values for few output variables (ELAI, ESAI, FCEV, etc). The output graphs are attached below.

I am not getting, which input parameter variable are missing in surface data file. Any suggestions for improvement of bgcdvcrop simulation.
Which surface data file is suitable for I2000Clm50BgcDVCrop simulation. ?

Attachments

• ELAI_2017.jpg
    ELAI_2017.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 6
  • ESAI_2017.jpg
    ESAI_2017.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 6

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member

mk_pdf

Dr Mahesh
Hello sir !!
I have done BGC-Crop (I2000Clm50BgcCrop) point simulation with CLM5.0 for the year 2017. I also done DGVM simulation for the same year using CLM4.5 (I2000Clm45BgcDVCrop). The point simulation for BgcCrop and BgcDVcrop, the surface data prepared from surfdata_0.9x1.25_hist_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr2000_c190214.nc.
The output variables FCEV(Canopy evaportaion) for dgvm with clm45 shows lesser value than bgc-crop clm5.0. Further, the GPP for dgvm has zero value for initial 6 months as compared to bgc-crop. Please see the attachment.
Any suggestion for getting correct results of dgvm simulation. How can we confirm the correct output of dgvm simulation.?

Attachments

• fcev.gif
    fcev.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 5
  • gpp.gif
    gpp.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 6
  • gpp.GIF
    gpp.GIF
    12.3 KB · Views: 6
  • fcev.GIF
    fcev.GIF
    12.5 KB · Views: 6

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
We don't have any DGVM expertise here in our group.
But possibly the DGVM is starting up from bare ground and won't have any GPP until conditions are conductive to vegetative growth.

mk_pdf

Dr Mahesh
Thank you sir for your response.
I would like to compare my CLM simulation with observation data. I have done simulation for one of region in Indian region with lat 22.5 and lon 71.5
Any suggestion for obtaining flux obervation data for comparison of CLM point simulation results.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I suggest you take a look at some of the data collected at sites from regional flux networks. Such as for example: