Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CO2 emission SSP119

stevenDH

Hi

I'm setting up some SSP119 simulations and recently got my hands on most of these emissions files (i.e. the files located in $INPUT_DATA_ROOT/inputdata/atm/cam/chem/emis/emissions_ssp119). However I noticed when trying to set up a simulation that the CO2 files are located elsewhere ($INPUT_DATA_ROOT/inputdata/atm/cam/ggas). Is anyone aware of the existence of a CO2 emissions file for SSP119 (should be something like this emissions-cmip6_CO2_anthro_ac_ScenarioMIP_IAMC-IMAGE-ssp119_201401-210112_fv_0.9x1.25_c20190207.nc).

If not I'm hoping you might be able to help me on how to create one myself, within the emissions data for ssp119 (which was provided to me by Louisa Emmons), I have some files for CO emissions (expressed in molecules/cm^2/s) I was wondering whether it would be possible to convert these CO files to CO2 flux files, I found the equation for this conversion in another thread:
Emissions (kg/m2/s) = y (molecules/cm^2/s) ÷ N_Av (molecules/mol) × MW (g/mol) ÷ 1000 (g/kg) × 10000 (cm^2/m^2)

The issue with this is that this would give me the emissions of CO and not CO2 (as we have the values y and MW for CO and not CO2) so I am assuming this is not exactly the same. However my question is whether it would be possible to convert these CO emissions to CO2 emissions in some way?

This is the last remaining file I need to start my simulations so I hope that we can get this solved soon!
Thanks a lot for any replies in advance!
Cheers
Steven