Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

configure error using F5 compset

I am attempting to setup two standalone versions of CAM: CAM4 (compset F) and CAM5 (compset FC5) both at 0.5 degree resolution. I am using the CESM1_0 scripts and when I follow the protocol, everything works for the compset F setup, but in the FC5 setup, I get the following error during the configure -case step:

Generating resolved namelist, prestage, and build scripts
CAM build-namelist - ERROR: No default value found for ncdata
user defined attributes:
key=ic_md val=00010101
Died at /glade/home/smirnov/cesm1_0/models/atm/cam/bld/build-namelist line 2572.
ERROR: generate_resolved.csh error for atm template
configure error: configure generated error in attempting to created resolved script

I've seen similar questions asked on this forum (http://forum.cgd.ucar.edu/showthread.php?1791-Problem-running-CAM5-on-128x256-eul-resolution), and as suggested, I've tried (with no avail) changing the the -ignore_ic_year to -ignore_ic_date but I'm puzzled why everything works for the F compset.

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
FC5 is not supported at 0.5 degree resolution yet. We don't provide initial conditions for this resolution (we haven't created the necessary datasets yet). You have to provide your own initial files (as well as some other datasets).