Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

create my own grid

qluo0320

Qian Luo
Hi,

I am trying to create a grid for China for MUSICA. I followed the instruction and generated all necessary input data. However, when building the case, I met the following error message:

**/cesm2_2_rel/components/cam/src/dynamics/se/dycore/dimensions_mod.F90(42): error #5082: Syntax error, found END-OF-STATEMENT when expecting one of: ( <IDENTIFIER> <CHAR_CON_KIND_PARAM> <CHAR_NAM_KIND_PARAM> <CHARACTER_CONSTANT> <INTEGER_CONSTANT> ...
integer, parameter, public :: np =
-------------------------------------^
compilation aborted for **/cesm2_2_rel/components/cam/src/dynamics/se/dycore/dimensions_mod.F90 (code 1)
gmake: *** [dimensions_mod.o] Error 1

I am pretty new to this model and would so appreciate it if you can provide any solution to this.

Thanks,
Qian

patc

Patrick Callaghan
Hi Qian,

The first thing to verify is that the right version of the VR_tools is
being used. They were recently revised and there is a different version
of the tools for tags based on NUOPC and the older MCT (cesm2_2_rel)
tags. If you just clone the Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit, the scripts
are for use with NUOPC and you should follow the notes in /AMWG_FEB22_DEMO_FILES/

For cesm2_2_rel (MCT driver), after the tools are cloned, you must check out
the older version of the scripts and then follow the notes in /AMWG_FEB21_DEMO_FILES/.

Cheyenne% git clone GitHub - ESMCI/Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit
Cheyenne% cd Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit
Cheyenne% git checkout VRMtools_MCT_v1.0

If you have the correct version of this, then the next thing I would try would be
to verify you're tag by creating and running a 5-day test for a standard uniform ne30 grid.
If that test passes, then use the AMWG_DEMO_FEB21-NOTES using the
SAMGRID01_ne30x4_EXODUS.nc grid to create a 5-day test using it. This grid has been
thoroughly tested and should work. If everything works okay for you using that grid, then
repeat the process using your grid. If you still have problems after that, we will have
confidence in the foundation and we can focus on what is unique about your grid.

--> Patrick

zhendf

fanfan zheng
Hi Qian,

The first thing to verify is that the right version of the VR_tools is
being used. They were recently revised and there is a different version
of the tools for tags based on NUOPC and the older MCT (cesm2_2_rel)
tags. If you just clone the Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit, the scripts
are for use with NUOPC and you should follow the notes in /AMWG_FEB22_DEMO_FILES/

For cesm2_2_rel (MCT driver), after the tools are cloned, you must check out
the older version of the scripts and then follow the notes in /AMWG_FEB21_DEMO_FILES/.

Cheyenne% git clone GitHub - ESMCI/Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit
Cheyenne% cd Community_Mesh_Generation_Toolkit
Cheyenne% git checkout VRMtools_MCT_v1.0

If you have the correct version of this, then the next thing I would try would be
to verify you're tag by creating and running a 5-day test for a standard uniform ne30 grid.
If that test passes, then use the AMWG_DEMO_FEB21-NOTES using the
SAMGRID01_ne30x4_EXODUS.nc grid to create a 5-day test using it. This grid has been
thoroughly tested and should work. If everything works okay for you using that grid, then
repeat the process using your grid. If you still have problems after that, we will have
confidence in the foundation and we can focus on what is unique about your grid.

--> Patrick
Hi, Patrick
I have got some trouble when I want to generate TRUE topography for the grid, It remain me that the file "/glade/p/cgd/amp/aherring/grids/topo/gmted2010_modis-ncube3000-stitch.nc" is needed, but I can't find in the directory and I don't know how to download from glade, can you show me the way to download this file, or would you please send this file to my email?(zhengdf@mail2.sysu.edu.cn

Thanks!

patc

Patrick Callaghan
Hi Qian,

It looks like the file moved from that path. Change the path for the filename to:

/glade/p/cgd/amp/aherring/grids/topo/cubedata/gmeted2010_modis-ncube3000-stich.nc

--> Patrick