Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

creating SST/ICE forcing file using B compset outputs

Hi, I am trying to create SST/ICE boundary forcing from B compset on Cheyenne, but encountered an error message when using the bcgen utility for time diddling (see below).  I tried to load compiler intel/18.0.1 or gnu/8.1.0, but neither helped. Does anybody know how to fix it?Thanks, Shineng ================shinengh@cheyenne4:~/analysis/DataProc/CESM_INPUT/SSTICE/SSTICE_CTL00/icesst> gmake(cd regrid; gmake)gmake[1]: Entering directory '/gpfs/u/home/shinengh/analysis/DataProc/CESM_INPUT/SSTICE/SSTICE_CTL00/icesst/regrid'lf95 -c -I/usr/local/include -O precision.f90gmake[1]: lf95: Command not foundMakefile:86: recipe for target 'precision.o' failedgmake[1]: *** [precision.o] Error 127gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/gpfs/u/home/shinengh/analysis/DataProc/CESM_INPUT/SSTICE/SSTICE_CTL00/icesst/regrid'Makefile:2: recipe for target 'all' failedgmake: *** [all] Error 2================== 

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
I think you need to edit the file: regrid/precision.f90Try to change from:
  integer, parameter :: r16 = selected_real_kind(20)

to  integer, parameter :: r16 = selected_real_kind(12)

jet

Code:
Looked at the makefile and these make routines are pretty old and not setup for building on Cheyenne out of the box. Its trying to compile using the Layhe compiler.
You should run module purgemodule load pgi/17.9module load netcdfgmake jt