Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ctsm5.1.dev115 no longer using config_compilers.xml?

Lian Gong

Lian Gong
I ported ctsm5.1.dev115 to my ubuntu my server but when I created a new case using intel compiler ,I got the following error:

mpicc -c -I/home/gonglian/CTSM/cime/CIME/non_py/src/timing -qno-opt-dynamic-align -fp-model precise -std=gnu99 -O2 -debug minimal -DCESMCOUPLED -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DCPRINTEL -DMCT_INTERFACE -DHAVE_MPI /home/gonglian/CTSM/cime/CIME/non_py/src/timing/gptl.c
/home/gonglian/CTSM/cime/CIME/non_py/src/timing/Makefile:81: recipe for target 'gptl.o' failed
make: Leaving directory '/home/gonglian/cases/ctsm/bci/bci-test_2pft.Cceb000a-Fceb000a.2023-03-24/bld/intel/impi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/gptl'
gcc: error: precise: No such file or directory
gcc: error: minimal: No such file or directory
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-qno-opt-dynamic-align’
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-fp-model’
make: *** [gptl.o] Error 1
ERROR: gcc: error: precise:
gcc: error: minimal:
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option -qno-opt-dynamic-align
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option -fp-model

Why it still use gcc compiler? the ctsm5.1.dev115 no longer using config_compilers.xml?
Here I attached the gptl.bldlogfile and configure files.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Lian Gong

Lian Gong
I ported ctsm5.1.dev115 to my ubuntu my server but when I created a new case using intel compiler ,I got the following error:

mpicc -c -I/home/gonglian/CTSM/cime/CIME/non_py/src/timing -qno-opt-dynamic-align -fp-model precise -std=gnu99 -O2 -debug minimal -DCESMCOUPLED -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DCPRINTEL -DMCT_INTERFACE -DHAVE_MPI /home/gonglian/CTSM/cime/CIME/non_py/src/timing/gptl.c
/home/gonglian/CTSM/cime/CIME/non_py/src/timing/Makefile:81: recipe for target 'gptl.o' failed
make: Leaving directory '/home/gonglian/cases/ctsm/bci/bci-test_2pft.Cceb000a-Fceb000a.2023-03-24/bld/intel/impi/nodebug/nothreads/mct/gptl'
gcc: error: precise: No such file or directory
gcc: error: minimal: No such file or directory
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-qno-opt-dynamic-align’
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-fp-model’
ERROR: gcc: error: precise:
gcc: error: minimal:
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option -qno-opt-dynamic-align
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option -fp-model

Why it still use gcc compiler? the ctsm5.1.dev115 no longer using config_compilers.xml?
Here I attached the gptl.bldlogfile and configure files.

Any help would be much appreciated !

Attachments

• config_compilers.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 3
  • config_machines.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 3
  • gptl.bldlog.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 0

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Lian,

Can you share what your create_newcase argument list is? In other words, what is the full command you write out to create a new case?

Thanks!

Jesse

Lian Gong

Lian Gong
Hi Lian,

Can you share what your create_newcase argument list is? In other words, what is the full command you write out to create a new case?

Thanks!

Jesse
Oh ,I am so sorry.
./create_newcase --case I2000Clm50FatesCruGs --res CLM_USRDAT --compset I2000Clm50FatesCruGs--mach ubuntu-16.04.7 --compiler=intel --run-unsupported

Lian Gong

Lian Gong
Hi Jesse,
It seems that I need its cmake configuration file? I try to create the camke files ,but it not work. If I create my own cmake configuration file for ubuntu ,what should be written into the configuration file?
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Lian,

Apologies for the slow response! My current guess is that your mpicc command is defaulting to gnu instead of intel. What is the result when you type mpicc -show? Also, do you know if you built your MPI library using intel? If not then you'll likely need to do so.

Finally, I am moving this thread over to the "Infrastructure" forum, as they know a lot more about porting to different machines than I do.

Hope that helps, and have a great day!

Jesse

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Lian,

The config_compilers.xml is no longer being used. All of the information that was in config_compilers.xml is now in ccs_config/machines/cmake_macros. There are several examples of different cmake files there that you can use.

Chris

Lian Gong

Lian Gong
Hi Lian,

Apologies for the slow response! My current guess is that your mpicc command is defaulting to gnu instead of intel. What is the result when you type mpicc -show? Also, do you know if you built your MPI library using intel? If not then you'll likely need to do so.

Finally, I am moving this thread over to the "Infrastructure" forum, as they know a lot more about porting to different machines than I do.

Jesse
Hi Lian,

Jesse
Jesse,thank you so much ,it helps a lot !

Best wishes.

Lian

changmao

Yufei Wang
Hi, may I ask for your advice on how to solve this problem? I am currently facing a similar problem. Many thanks!