Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Defining_env_modules

dan89

Daniel Goncalves
Hi,

I am porting CESM in linux Centos8 using the "centos7-linux" mach.

According to the description its necessary to define the environmental modules for gcc, netcdf, pnetcdf and mpich

mpich module is already defined and I was able to do it for gcc (copy below)

______________________________________________________________________________________

#%Module1.0#####################################################################
##
## modules compilers/gcc-8.3.1
##
## modulefiles/compilers/gcc-8.3.1.
##
proc ModulesHelp { } {
global version modroot

puts stderr "compilers/gcc-8.3.1"
}

module-whatis "Sets the environment for using gcc-8.3.1 compilers (C, Fortran)"

# for Tcl script use only
set topdir /usr
set version 8.3.1
set sys linux86

setenv CC $topdir/bin/gcc
setenv GCC $topdir/bin/gcc
setenv FC $topdir/bin/gfortran
setenv F77 $topdir/bin/gfortran
setenv F90 $topdir/bin/gfortran
prepend-path PATH $topdir/include
prepend-path PATH $topdir/bin
prepend-path LD_LIBRARY_PATH $topdir/lib

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I have installed netcdf and pnetcdf on the cluster, but don't know how to define the modules for it (e.g. setenv)

1) Its OK to set gcc for the usr/bin directory instead of download a new gcc folder for my home directory?
2) Do you have a template/example for netcdf and pnetcdf modules for me to know how to setenvs for it?

Thank you!