Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

different pt_interior forcing file , but the same model result occur

Dear sir, I'm a researcher from South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.I want to restore the sst to a fixed monthly-calendar field.I think I can realize this goal by using pt_interior forcing. Is this idea correct? But I have a promble about running pt_interior forcing case. I use the different pt_interior forcing file, however the result of control is the same with the sensitivity experiments.Why is it happen? Here is the pop2 namelist about the forcing_pt_interior &forcing_pt_interior_nml
 pt_interior_data_inc = 24.
 pt_interior_data_renorm = 20*1.
 pt_interior_data_type = 'monthly-calendar'
 pt_interior_file_fmt = 'bin'
 pt_interior_filename = '/public/home/chensheng/data/CESM_input/ocn/pop/gx1v6/forcing/ctrl_AWP/ctrl_AWP_sst.ieeer8'
 pt_interior_formulation = 'restoring'
 pt_interior_interp_freq = 'every-timestep'
 pt_interior_interp_inc = 72.
 pt_interior_interp_type = 'linear'
 pt_interior_restore_file_fmt = 'bin'
 pt_interior_restore_filename = '/public/home/chensheng/data/CESM_input/ocn/pop/gx1v6/forcing/pt_restore.ieeer8'
 pt_interior_restore_max_level = 1
 pt_interior_restore_tau = 30
 pt_interior_variable_restore = .true.
/
 My model version is CESM 1.2.2Can anybody  help me? I am puzzled by this question for a long time. Thanks a lot!