Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

does the simulation depend on run_startdate using compset F2010climo

Bing

Bing
Dear All,

I use CESM2.2. I created my cases using the compset F2010climo. Because the initial condition is fixed (cami-mam3_0000-01-01_0.9x1.25_L32_c141031.nc) and the boundary conditions (SST and SIC) and external forcings are climatology. I assume that the simulation is independent of the run_startdate, i.e. two independent integrations of the same duration should be exactly the same regardless of their run start dates.

For example, I run two cases, 2 years each, but one starts on 1998-01-01 and the other on 2017-01-01. I think these two cases should produce the same results even though they have different time stamps.

However, the results are not what I expected. There are significant differences between the two simulations.

Can anyone tell me what part I was not aware of?

Thank you!

Best,
Bing