Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Dust information in CMIP5 CESM1(CAM5)

Hi!I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean you want to look at what the dust is doing during the run and have output?  Or you want to drive the dust with the prescribed aerosol?  There are many dust variables that you can trigger to get output, and there is a new flag: history_dust = .true, in CESM2 which will trigger a bunch of output variables so you can evaluate the dust.  If it is the second, just use the prescribed aerosol flag instead of prognostic: I think that works, but I do not usually use that compset.
Thanks
Natalie

Hi!I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean you want to look at what the dust is doing during the run and have output?  Or you want to drive the dust with the prescribed aerosol?  There are many dust variables that you can trigger to get output, and there is a new flag: history_dust = .true, in CESM2 which will trigger a bunch of output variables so you can evaluate the dust.  If it is the second, just use the prescribed aerosol flag instead of prognostic: I think that works, but I do not usually use that compset.
Thanks
Natalie

Hi!I am understand what your mean. I don't konw how to run the model and only want to analysis the CMIP5 output data. According to your opinion,  I think there isn't aerosol output data in CCSM4 of CMIP5. But no matter what, thank youFelin

Hi!I am understand what your mean. I don't konw how to run the model and only want to analysis the CMIP5 output data. According to your opinion,  I think there isn't aerosol output data in CCSM4 of CMIP5. But no matter what, thank youFelin