Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Effective radiative forcing of black carbon aerosols

yinjiyuan

Jiyuan Yin
Hi!I want to know the impact of the effective radiative forcing of black carbon aerosols on climate (temperature, precipitation), How should I proceed with experimental design? This is similar to the one in CMIP6: CMIP6.RFMIP.MIROC.MIROC6.piClim-aer.r1i1p1f1.Amon.pr.gn, which experiment_title is “effective radiative forcing by present-day aerosols”. Can someone give me some advice? How can I modify the namelists? Thank you in advance!!

hannay

Cecile Hannay
AMWG Liaison
Staff member
Basically, you have to replace in a pi-control:

ext_frc_cycle_yr = 1850
srf_emis_cycle_yr = 1850

with:
ext_frc_cycle_yr = 2014
srf_emis_cycle_yr = 2014

You will have to make sure the files in:
ext_frc_specifier
srf_emis_cycle_yr

have the year 2014, other you will have to add it.

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote

yinjiyuan

Jiyuan Yin
Basically, you have to replace in a pi-control:

ext_frc_cycle_yr = 1850
srf_emis_cycle_yr = 1850

with:
ext_frc_cycle_yr = 2014
srf_emis_cycle_yr = 2014

You will have to make sure the files in:
ext_frc_specifier
srf_emis_cycle_yr

have the year 2014, other you will have to add it.
Thank you very much for your reply! I have one more question. If I want to conduct an idealized experiment of black carbon emissions (BC) x 10, Can I just modify srf_emis_specifier? Or do we still need to modify both ext_frc_specifier and srf_emis_specifier at the same time? Thank you in advance for your response!

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote