Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Ensemble Consistency Test - Summary files

NiCosentino

Nicolas Cosentino
Hello,

We are trying to validate our machine against cheyenne using the POP-Ensemble Consistency Test. The online tool to do this (CESM2 | Verification) only supports CESM 2.0.0 and we have installed version 2.1.3, so we would like to do this locally. However, we are missing the Cheyenne summary file that should be in inputdata/validation/pop_ensembles. Where can we find this file?

Thank you in advance.

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Nicolas,

The POP-Ensemble Consistency Test is supported for CESM 2.1.3. I do see we need to fix the "Note:" about which versions of CESM are
supported, the POP test isn't even mentioned.

Chris

NiCosentino

Nicolas Cosentino
Hello,
Thank you Chris. We ran POP-ECT using the online tool, and we got the message below. The contrast between "SALT" and all other variables makes us think that there may be something wrong with input files associated to salinity. We are looking for those files and trying to identify them. But maybe you could guide us on what may be wrong.

Thanks again in advance,
Nicolas

CESM Version Tested: CESM 2.1.3
Metadata retrieved from: popcase.cesm_tag.000.pop.h.0001-12.nc

****Run 1 (file=/cesmwebverify/ensembles/20201125173502609062/popcase.cesm_tag.000.pop.h.0001-12.nc):
UVEL: 99.56%
VVEL: 99.60%
TEMP: 99.30%
SALT: 0.25%
SSH: 99.75%
***1 of 5 variables failed, resulting in an overall FAIL***

Testing complete.

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Nicolas,

I'm not sure what's wrong. Something you can do is run check_input_data --chksum. This will do a checksum for the inputdata
files used for this case.

Have you tried running the UF-CAM-ECT?

Chris

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Nicolas,

After doing some more digging. It looks like the scripts are giving a bad answer for SALT. I would just ignore the SALT %.

Chris