Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR: (abort_ice)(alarmInit): unknown option end

eaton

CSEG and Liaisons
I am doing a short F compset run with the latest CAM tag. The run completes fine when I don't produce a restart file. When I use an xmlchange command to set REST_OPTION=end I get the error in the title. The traceback points to

#4 0x55d5a4d87fce in __ice_shr_methods_MOD_alarminit
at /work/test-src/cam6_3_130_rp/components/cice/src/cicecore/drivers/nuopc/cmeps/ice_shr_methods.F90:924

Looking at this file one sees that the "end" option is not implemented. I'm wondering whether this is a know problem and whether a fix is planned.

Thanks.

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Brian.

I guess I was never made aware of the need for an option to do this. I could potentially implement this. I will look into it.

Dave

eaton

CSEG and Liaisons
Thanks Dave. It is useful, and the CIME documentation indicates that it is a valid option.