Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

ERROR, invalid surface emission specification

Will Smith

Will Smith
Hi all,

I'm updating my climate simulations to use the FCHIST compset with higher-res CAMS emissions, rather than the usual CMIP6. I'm looking for a smoother way to do this beyond just filling out the user_nl_cam with the needed variables and paths. Any tips? I am using CESM2.2, CAM6.

Additionally,, I was stuck with an error while running the FCnudged compset and MOZART-TS1 chemistry: "srf_emis_inti: spc_name SOAGx1.5 is not included in the simulation. ERROR: srf_emis_inti: invalid surface emission specification." Could you provide guidance on how to verify which emission specifications are compatible, particularly if I decide to switch chemical mechanisms?

Cheers for any advice!

Best,
Will