Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error message "component_mod:check_fields NaN found in WAV instance"

Liu W

liuwei
During the default running of case B1850 with CESM2.1.3, I get an error message in cesm.log (ERROR: component_mod:check_fields NaN found in WAV instance: 1 field Sw_lamult 1d g lobal index: 228) after two model years, the error occurred after 0003-01-08 of the model. The previous discussions show that the problem of the ATM/POP instance may originate from the respective forcing data. I used the default initial file (inputdata/wav/ww3/restart.ww3.init.seed), and also manually download and replace the automatically downloaded file, but the error still persists. Looking forward to your reply.

ucas_qs

qiushi Zhang
Hello, I also have the same problem, please do you solve this problem?
During the default running of case B1850 with CESM2.1.3, I get an error message in cesm.log (ERROR: component_mod:check_fields NaN found in WAV instance: 1 field Sw_lamult 1d g lobal index: 228) after two model years, the error occurred after 0003-01-08 of the model. The previous discussions show that the problem of the ATM/POP instance may originate from the respective forcing data. I used the default initial file (inputdata/wav/ww3/restart.ww3.init.seed), and also manually download and replace the automatically downloaded file, but the error still persists. Looking forward to your reply.