Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Error occurred while running FHIST, please help me.

lvzy
I am currently running FHIST, and my goal is to conduct land and atmosphere coupling experiments, so this is how it was written during creation:
( --compset HIST_CAM60_CLM50%SP_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV ),I set the DOCN to SOCN and modified CICE to SICE during create. I'm not sure if this is correct. Then an error message appeared.
Below are the modifications I made:
SHR_REPROSUM_CALC: Input contains 0.57600E+03 NaNs and 0.00000E+00 INFs on process 1013
ERROR: shr_reprosum_calc ERROR: NaNs or INFs in input
SHR_REPROSUM_CALC: Input contains 0.57600E+03 NaNs and 0.00000E+00 INFs on process 1021
SHR_REPROSUM_CALC: Input contains 0.57600E+03 NaNs and 0.00000E+00 INFs on process 1017
SHR_REPROSUM_CALC: Input contains 0.57600E+03 NaNs and 0.00000E+00 INFs on process 1019
Below are the modifications I made:
2024-10-10 17:13:08: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange STOP_OPTION=nmonths </command>
---------------------------------------------------
2024-10-10 17:14:14: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange STOP_N=444 </command>
2024-10-10 17:14:48: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange RUN_TYPE=startup </command>
2024-10-10 17:20:52: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange NTHRDS=1 </command>
2024-10-10 17:25:27: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange MAX_TASKS_PER_NODE=64 </command>
2024-10-10 17:27:03: xmlchange success <command> ./xmlchange NTASKS=1024 </command>

Could you please tell me if there is an issue with my settings? Where is the problem? Please help me identify it. Thank you.

Solution
I think your problem is coming from the change you made to the compset. You should use the standard FHIST compset rather than changing it: An F compset is appropriate for land-atmosphere coupling experiments. The data ocean and CICE components are needed to provide surface forcings to the atmosphere in ocean regions; in the F compset configuration, the ocean and sea ice are prescribed - not actively evolving - so this is what you want.

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think your problem is coming from the change you made to the compset. You should use the standard FHIST compset rather than changing it: An F compset is appropriate for land-atmosphere coupling experiments. The data ocean and CICE components are needed to provide surface forcings to the atmosphere in ocean regions; in the F compset configuration, the ocean and sea ice are prescribed - not actively evolving - so this is what you want.

Vote Upvote 1 Downvote
Solution

lvzy
First of all, thank you very much for your answer, it solved my problem very well. Additionally, I have a new question: I want to use emissions from a fixed year in my simulation. For example, I want to simulate from 1979 to 2010, but keep the emission levels constant at those of 1850 or 1990. How can I achieve this?

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I might have to direct this to a different forum for help with that question, but first can you tell me: Do you want other aspects of the simulation, such as land use / land cover, to vary over time while just keeping emissions fixed, or do you want to keep all external forcings fixed at a certain year?

Vote Upvote 1 Downvote

lvzy
感谢您的回复。我特别需要的是在整个仿真过程中将气溶胶排放保持在恒定水平(例如,强制使用 1990 年的气溶胶排放),同时允许其他方面随时间变化。

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote

lvzy
Thank you for your response. What I specifically need is to keep aerosol emissions at a constant level throughout the entire simulation (for example, forcing with 1990 aerosol emissions), while allowing other aspects to change over time.

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote