Fail to build CESM aquaplanet model

muting

Seattle climate scientist
New Member
I am trying to run an aquaplanet simulation using CAM6 model using the following command to create a new case:

./create_newcase --case $CASEROOT --compset QPC6 --res f19_f19_mg17 --project UWAS0114

CASEROOT = ‘/glade/work/username/cesm_runs/SST_AQP3_Qobs_27_-4K_3h_20y_new’

Then, I set up the case by ./case.setup, and it was succesful.

After that, I tried to build the model by qcmd--./case.build. However, I can not successfully build the model. The error message I got is:
ERROR: /glade/work/username/my_cesm_2.1.3/cime/src/build_scripts/buildlib.pio FAILED
Attached is my CaseStatus and logfile with errors.

I also ran this aquaplanet model with slightly different SST profiles, and I could successfully run and save the model output. I am not sure why I failed to build the model now. Could you help me with this issue? Thank you so much!
 

Attachments

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Moderator
Staff member
Hi -

That looks like an error specific to your machine/compiler. What version of the Intel compiler are you using? Do you have any other compilers available to you? GNU?

Courtney
 
Back
Top