Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Failed scripts regression tests for CESM2 on new machine

Hi all,

We have recently ported CESM 2.1.3 to our machine and I am trying to test if the port was successful using the scripts_regression_tests.py. The following tests failed: (1) test_bless_test_results (__main__.Q_TestBlessTestResults), (2) test_run_restart (__main__.T_TestRunRestart), and (3) test_full_system (__main__.Z_FullSystemTest). Please see the attached error messages. Could you please help me fix these errors?

Based on previous questions on this forum, I have checked that the BASELINE_ROOT directory exists and is writeable. I have also built cprnc based on the instructions in the README file, although the last step of running "make" gave a netcdf library error.

I have tested cases using the FHIST and F2000climo compsets and I am able to successfully build and run these cases, so I want to know if it matters that I was unable to pass all the regression tests? Sometimes I do receive errors at the run stage that the case directory is unable to be found so I am not sure.

Thanks!

Attachments

• regression_test_050620.txt
    41.5 KB · Views: 14

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
If you are satisfied with the integrety of the experiments you want to run I think you can call this a good result.
> Sometimes I do receive errors at the run stage that the case directory is unable to be found so I am not sure.

This may be due to the filesystem not being available on all of the compute nodes, if this happens again, check that
the filesystem is mounted on all of the compute nodes and inform your system administration if this is not the case.