Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Failure in running site simulation

jiamengl

Jiameng Lai
Hello, I met problems while running the site simulation (I am using CTSM dev159). Somehow my running stopped at the second simulation day.

No error message appears in the cesm.log, so I am guessing that it's stopping while reading the second-day datm file. But the same case run smoothly yesterday, and I did not change anywhere of the case.

Seems that when I set DEBUG=TRUE, the case failed to build so it's hard for me to find the problem (I saw a previous thread that DEBUGE mode doesn't work on mpi-serial). I am attaching my cesm.log and atm.log here.

My case running directory is: /glade/derecho/scratch/jiamengl/CAX.Bgc.S2.ocsgm/run

Your help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• atm.log.3679147.desched1.240229-220344.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
  • cesm.log.3679147.desched1.240229-220344.txt
    643 bytes · Views: 1

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think it is probably due to this leap day bug that everyone who was running yesterday and in NO_LEAP calendar mode encountered:

I see this in your PET log:

20240229 220405.214 ERROR PET0 ESMCI_Calendar.C:1161 ESMCI::Calendar::convertToTime() Input argument out of range - ; NoLeap: for month 2, dd=29 > 28 days in the month.

You should be able to run successfully today (March 1) if you were running successfully prior to Feb 29.

slevis

Link to related post

jiamengl

Jiameng Lai
I think it is probably due to this leap day bug that everyone who was running yesterday and in NO_LEAP calendar mode encountered:

I see this in your PET log:

20240229 220405.214 ERROR PET0 ESMCI_Calendar.C:1161 ESMCI::Calendar::convertToTime() Input argument out of range - ; NoLeap: for month 2, dd=29 > 28 days in the month.

You should be able to run successfully today (March 1) if you were running successfully prior to Feb 29.
Thanks I can run it successfully now!