Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

FAMIPC5 past 2005

Hello, I need to continue a CESMv1.2 FAMIPC5 run past 2005 for a comparison. I am not sure how the branching works with rcp scenarios as all of the component sets I could find have pop2 rather than docn. I see why this is for simulations into the future, but for present day I do really want to use a data ocean. Is this possible by branching to an rcp component set?I am also thinking about using F_1850-PDAY_CAM5 and just running for the period that I need. I am not sure how different this is from an AMIP configuration component set though. Is there a reference for where I could figure out the answer to these questions? Thanks so much, Ellen

baih

Hi Ellen,I just wanna ask if your question was answered, cause I have the same issue as yours, that is, I want to use F_1850-PDAY_CAM5 to contiue my F_AMIP_CAM5 run after 2005, but I'm not sure if there is any difference between the 2 components, and that if I can use the restart files created from F_AMIP_CAM5 directly as restart files to continue a F_1850-PDAY_CAM5 run?I'd appreciate it if you have anything to share.Thanks,Qiu