Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Forecasting using MOM6-SIS2

kun

Kun
Dear all,

Thanks for everyone's discussion and reply in this 'DiscussCESM', which helps and supports me greatly.

Currently, we are doing a forecast for our cruise to the Arctic using MOM6-SIS2. As I'm a green hand attending to the 'MOM World', may I ask if there is any forecasting guidance? We've successfully settled down everything for the MOM6-SIS2 on our platform and run cases provided by the Official; unfortunately, they're related to the hindcasts rather than the forecast. Where should we start if we'd like to do a forecast (e.g. for 2023)?

Many thanks for any guidance in advance!
Kun

I have no forecasting experience, but it should be the same as hindcasting, except that for a regional domain you would need open boundary fields from a global forecast model, also surface winds, etc. from an atmospheric forecast, plus presumably some nowcast initial conditions.